Frank: “…there are so many things at play where Frank and Freddy can’t be friends. Like the social and political climate makes it so that a white guy and a black guy can’t actually be friends. You know what I mean?”
Dan: “Kind of. Frank Underwood is also a murderous sociopath.”
Frank and Dan talk about Netflix’s House of Cards. Dan thinks that House of Cards is tone deaf in regard to it’s dealings with race relations. I like pie.
More Show Notes (Spoilers):
- (0 mins) Opening and Introduction
- (5 mins) AmWorks is Insane
- (10 mins) Frank and Dan Disagree About What Makes House of Cards “Great”
- (15 mins) Why Season 3 Is A More Personal Season
- (20 mins) Underwood Going from Hero to Villain
- (25 mins) Television No Longer Shows or Tells; it Implies
- (30 mins) House of Cards’ Feeble Attempts At A Discussion About Race Relations
- (35 mins) And More About House of Cards in Regard to Race Relations…
- (40 mins) And Even More About House of Cards in Regard to Race Relations…
- (45 mins) Dan Returns From Taking A Dump (For Real, He Actually Left to Take A Dump)
- (50 mins) What’s the Deal with…?
- (55 mins) Final Comments and Closing